Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Guitar Chop

I uh, chopped up my guitar. I removed all the finish from the back (which was damaged presumably from dropping) completely reprofiled it, slimmed down and made the horns pointy instead of dull safety horns, reprofiled the neck and made it thinner and more attractive, and I made a wedge to fill the body cavity and a block to convert the floyd rose tremelo bridge into a hardtail that can still be fully adjusted. Then I refinished it with Shellac to fill the grain and Lacquer on top. Oh and removed material from the bottom horn so access to the neck is easier sitting in classical position. It feels so much nicer than when I first got it I’m really happy with how it turned out, solved all the nit picks I had after I had been playing it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment